comunication with vc++

• Hello,

I am trying to communicate with a KR15/2 controller running the 4.1.4 version using a serial port.I tried very hard to program in vc++ but it failed :huh:.Would you mind giving me the sample source code in vc++.net?

thank you
    Nui

• Schritt für Schritt zum Roboterprofi!
  • Hi,
    is on KRC side all prepared ? hw_inf.ini, serial.ini, CREAD/CWRITE
    which contoler do you use ? KRC1 or KRC2
    whilch protocol you want to use ? 3964R or XON/XOFF

Try at first to communicate to the KRC with a Hyperterminal

Hava a successfull day
    Paul

Wer nach allen Seiten offen ist kann nicht ganz dicht sein

• Hello

I ready config in hw_inf.ini,serial.ini,CREAD/CWRITE and I use 3964 protocol.I can communication with rs232 in VB but in vc++ it fail :huh:.I think something wrong in vc++.

Thank you in advance
    Nui

• Do you have the right *.dll for the 3964R - Communication - Protocol? This protocol is created by Siemens and need a special .dll for it. This os is made by Siemens.

But I think, LindePaul is the right partner for you. He was the man who realized this protocol in the kuka. (Like you can see in the percept.ini :) )

Weniger als 100% wird nicht akzeptiert :)

• Hi Robodoc, thanks for the :blumen:, but in this case i'm not able to help NuiNui.
    I have programmed my communication partners in simple C (Borland).

NuiNui, sorry, i don't know the difference between VC and VC++ relating to the serial communication. Hope another member can help you.

• Hi Nui,
    sorry about the late answer but i'm on vacation :D and at time no access to my office.
    Maybe a member can help us.

robodoc, habe ich nicht Dir die Sourcen der seriellen Simulation geschickt?
    Wenn ja, bitte an Nui weiterleiten :danke:

Gruss Lindepaul

• Hi LindePaul!

Ähem, leider hast Du das nicht. Hätte mich auch sehr interessiert, zumal ich ja auch grad mit dem Borland schwer zugange bin um wieder mal lustige Tools zu fabrizieren.

Wenn Du den Sourcecode noch hast, dann würde ich mich freuen, wenn ich mal einen Blick reinwerfen würde.

Gruß Robodoc
    P.S.: Genieß den Rest von Deinem Urlaub. Kannst mich ja anrufen wenn Du wieder 'On The Force' bist. Nummer hassu ja.

Weniger als 100% wird nicht akzeptiert :)

• Hello,

I am trying to communicate with a KR15/2 controller running the 4.1.4 version using a serial port.I tried very hard to program in vc++ but it failed :huh:.Would you mind giving me the sample source code in vc++.net?

thank you
    Nui

Dear LindePaul,
    Now, I have a trouble like as Nui Nui, so I see you have a program written by C Borland. Could you please give me this program? Because now I really need this program to finish my thesis. Many thank for your help.

• Dear Paul,
    I have just recieved your program and test run but I think this source can not work properly in WIN 32. Let I decribe again my project: in my project I used Vision system that is running on win 2000 enviroment. So can you help me rewrite this program again in higher version because I have just begin with Borland C++. Anyway I would like to say thank for your help. Have a nice weekend dear friend

• Hello,
    yes I also think that this program won't work in WIN2000.

Changing this code to work in WIN2000 and newer is not easy, because it is not possible to read/write hardware direct via 'outport' and 'inport'. So the code will be really very different to the example from LindePaul.

I'm not familiar with Borland C++, but some years ago I wrote a component with Borland Delphi which worked fine in WIN32.
    May be it's possible to use this component in Borland C++, if this is the fact, let me know and I will give You the component, without warranty and support (I hope that I will find the code after all the years :oops:).

Hermann

• Many thank for your help. I will try with your program now. But I think we could consider to this problem because now many robot in ASIA especially Thailan is using KRC1 and need a program to communicate between external PC an KRC1.

• Dear Hermann'
    I have to try to execute this source you sent to me but it cannot. Could you please have me create execute file and then send to me. I waiting for your reply. Thank for your help

• Hello again,
    there is no exe-File.
    There are two components in the files, one 'Standard-Access' for the serial port under WIN32 and one for the 3964R-protocol which is using the first one.

And I have no idea how to use it in Borland C++. It's up to You to find out how, sorry.

Hermann

• Dear Hermann,
    I alreaddy opened these file on Delphi and saw the code inside, but now I don't know what I should continue. Please take more time explain more detai for me. Thank you very much

• Dear LindePaul,
    I had recieved all package that you sent to me however I didn't see where bios.h file. Please explain to me and Could I rewrite this code on Win32 with hger version of Borland C++. I waiting your reply.