Melfa RH-E3H scara control

• Hi everyone

Sorry for the englis language but i am not speak german. I write in this forum because the users more active than englis side.

I got mitsubishi melfa RH-E3H 4axis scara robot with CR-E116 controller and TB.

When i turned on the robot wrote error codes on the axis end encoder errors.

I searching the internet but not found datas and manuals for this robot.(It's like it doesn't even exist)

So i read many questions in the forum and helped for the repairing and finaly the robot working.

I wroting simple programs with the tb and works but i want to programing with the computer but the softwers that installed not work, except for one the cosirop but this is half working with the rv-e2 library.

My question is how find this robot library or alternatives for the programing or sending the positions datas and how use this robot for cnc milling and what is this software is controlling this.

Thanks for the help in advance

When i read the forum i saw many questios form users where they are looking for programs so I collected the softwares and links that i founding deep inside the internet and upload in this mega driver:

https://mega.nz/folder/v6R3kY6b#3_rbHk25_-hfiapEpEn_6Q

I hope these files help in the future :)

• ANZEIGE
  • Hi,

I think this robot model was never official sold by Mitsubishi in europe. Only a few machines appeared here as a part of machines imported from Japan. So it's likely that european software like Cosirop will not work correct with them.

Programming the CR-E116 over a serial connection should be not much different from RV-E2 or RV-E3J robots. But there is not much official documentation about the communication protocol. Maybe I can find some examples in old source code.

Regards

Urmel

• Hi

Okey i waiting your example codes thank you.

And i have a new fews questios:

First with this serial communication that when i send the code, the robot to learn this or immidiatly do the command?

The second question is with the I/O port,

I want use sensors and extended mehnicals but i not understand how it works.

In the TB i see numbers 0 to 9 and two lines the IN and OUT.

In this case i combinate the numbers the appropriate for the bit value when i write zero and one in this lines and thas same way for the outputs? Or if I think wrong, can you show me how it works with an example?

Thanks

I uploaded some photos the robot

• Hello,

Okey i waiting your example codes thank you.

I indeed found a litte program written with Microsoft Visual C++ 98 that can read or write program and position data to a RV-E2. This is a 6 axis robot (introduced in 1994) that sould have nearly the same controller. Only the format of the position data is different between robots with 4, 5 oder 6 axes.

The code was written for a customer, so I am not allowed to post it here. But I can describe what it does.

First with this serial communication that when i send the code, the robot to learn this or immidiatly do the command?

Both. Think of the serial connection like you are working on a old home computer from the 1980s.

You are working on a kind of command line and are sending complete lines, each terminated with a carriage return sign (CR, ascii code 13). On some commands that you send the robot will answer with a line itself.

Some commands are only allowed inside a program, some only direct and not in a program. some commands are allowed in both. This should be described in the RV-E2 or RV-E3J programing manual, which should be free for download on the Mitsubishi website.

For example if the robot is running and a position P1 is teached, sending a

MO 1

should directly start a motion to this position.

On the other side downloading a program is like this (each line terminated with a CR)

NW

PC 1,999

PD 1, .... (coordinates of position)

PD 2, ....

PD 3, ....

DL 1,9999

1 MO 1

2 MO 2

3 MO 3

4 ED

NW means "New program" (see manual)

PC = position clear

PD = position define. The format will be special to your robot, you will have to find out

The MOs with leading line number will be stored as a program.

The program can later be startet with RN (= run)

So most of the commands used on the serial line can be found in the programing manual.

Only reading teached positions out of the current program is a bit tricky and not described in the manual.

EXE 0,"ElP<"

will get you the first position in the current program.

After that you can send

EXE 0,"ElP+1"

to read out the following positions, until a empty line appears.

If there's am manual about this EXE codes, I don't have it.

In the TB i see numbers 0 to 9 and two lines the IN and OUT.

In this case i combinate the numbers the appropriate for the bit value when i write zero and one in this lines and thas same way for the outputs? Or if I think wrong, can you show me how it works with an example?

The robot controller can have up to 3 expansion cards with digital IOs. Each having a 50 pin Centronics connector with the bits. The TB is only showing a part of them at a time. You should be able to set the start bit number of the showed sequence.

There have been expansion cards with sink or source logic. You have to check what's inside your robot.

There may be hand IOs, too. For this the controller needs a hand interface board (sink or source type).

Hope that helps for a start

Regards

Urmel