Staubli CS8 question

• Hello folks,
    I have to re-program a used Staubli arm (RX90BL/CS8) for different work, and would appreciate your opinions on VAL3 and whether I need to buy Robotic studio SRS or can I just use good old ultraedit?
    Can I use ethernet/serial communications?
    Answers in German or Dutch or English are fine.
    Thanks
    JimT

• ANZEIGE
  • Hi,
    my master thesis was to think out a hybrid controller force/position and realise it with 2 cooperative Staeubli RX60 robots. I spent about one year and first of all I made an ethernet interface in VC++: simple socket, nothing great. I have had no choice, because 2 DSP Procesors (they collected data from JR3 sensors )were mounted in PC. But on that way I could control both of the robots direct by joints. I could wish of course more speed but was enugh for my application.
    Why do I write it? Because I spent a time to handle whole necessary operations with VAL with no success. I find adept systems good for paletising applications but if you want to get a little bit more or make your system more universal, write just simple socket on PC and start to code in VC++. On the begining you send to the robot just text commands. You must write in VAL simple server. If you want I can send you an example.
    From experience I can assure you, that ethernet connection is working in staeubli/adept edition quiet good and stable.
    Regards,
    Jacek

" ... youth is like diamonds in the sun and diamonds are forever ... "